Hot off the press! My 16 year old niece just shared her Christmas wish list with me, and since she’s been spot on with teen/tween tastes and trends the past couple of years, I consider her list to be the ultimate guide to what teenage girls want these days! Since I know many of you are also wondering what they like this year, I thought I’d share this list to help you out! 11 from this year’s list plus 5 more favorites/pre-requisites below. Happy shopping and Happy Holidays!! 😊
September 2023 update – I’ve updated all links – all these items are still popular! 😊
* This blog post may include affiliate links for which I may receive a small compensation. Learn more about my affiliate & cookies policy here. Thank you for supporting this flowery blog! 💛🌸🌿
- Oversized Sweatshirts – For that casual yet cool look, oversized sweatshirts from Nike are on her list. The cropped version on her list is available at Nordstrom, as is a longer version. She also loves this oversized Brandy Melville hoodie. Nike and Brandy Melville items are popular in general!
- Instant Cameras – Instant cameras are fun for teen girls to capture and share casual moments with each other. My niece has a wall full of instant camera pictures that looks pretty cool. The Fuji Instax Mini is a crowd favorite and the pocket-sized Canon Instant Camera Printer has a pretty pink version.
- Bullet Journals – A lot of teen girls are into bullet journaling these days, and if she’s into journaling at all, she will probably love the beautiful and very high quality ones from Archer & Olive. This is the third year in a row that I’ve bought one for my niece! If you haven’t tried them yet, you can get 10% off your first purchase through my Archer & Olive discount link. On Amazon, the bullet journals from Scribbles That Matter are also very high quality and come in a variety of fun colors and design.
- Trendy Sneakers – Nike sneakers continue to be popular, such as this slightly retro style available at Nordstrom. Of course, the white Nike Air Force I sneakers are still very popular! Also popular for 2023 are the Birkenstocks Boston clogs made popular by celebrities and influencers.
- Small Designer Accessories – Small designer accessories such as this Kate Spade Card Holder Wristlet (Nordstrom) on her list are always a hit. I’m personally eyeing this Tory Burch card case for myself!
- Jade Face Roller (Amazon) – Jade race rollers are so popular now, and this pink version is so pretty! I’m not sure if a 16 year old girl with perfect skin really needs a jade facial roller, but I’m not here to judge the list!
- Lululemon Yoga Mat – yes, yoga is trendy among teens these days and this yoga mat in pink is a good pick. Also, anything from Lululemon, such as the popular Define jacket, will be a hit.
- Converse Sneakers – She has both the Converse low tops and the high tops on her list! I’ve seen so many stylish women wearing Converse lately that I’m actually considering them myself…
- Oversized graphic tees/long sleeves/hoodies – Oversized tees and sweatshirts are a perennial favorite, and Urban Outfitters tees are a favorite among the tween/teen crowd. (The cute shirt with flowers that I bought for myself (because I love flowers of course) is sold out, but there are many other options available!)
- Rosebud Salve/Lip Balm – ohh I think I need some of these myself too! Anything that smell like roses is automatically on my list. This would make a great stocking stuffer!
- Hair accessories – Scrunchies (a 12-pack because a teen girl can never have too many scrunchies!), invisibobble spiral hair ties, and hair claw clips (such as this classic style from Revlon or these trendy French-style clips) for that effortlessly cool look – these all make great stocking stuffers!
*Important note – this list is for girls that ALREADY have the pre-requisite staples of teen/tween girls these days, including these VSCO girl must-haves: a Hydro Flask mug, a Kanken backpack, Pura Vida bracelets, and Birkenstocks (the Boston clogs are especially popular for 2023). If she doesn’t have these yet, she probably wants them also.
So there you have it – 11 gift ideas for teens/tweens this year, plus the “pre-requisites”. I hope you’re able to find something she likes and that you have a very Merry Christmas this year!
p.s. I also have a post on easy and eco-friendly gift wrapping ideas to help with your gift wrapping!
Hi, I’m Pansy!
Hello, thanks for stopping by! I’m Pansy, California-based travel blogger, photographer and lover of ALL the pretty flowers! You may notice that most of my travels, photography & DIY center around flowers and nature! 🌸🌼🌿
I recently started a YouTube channel where I feature walks through beautiful gardens, parks & flower fields! Make sure to follow me there if you love flowers & gardens! 😊